It's been just over 2 months since, at my daughter's prodding, I joined the blogging world and so far I must say that I have really enjoyed it, but it makes me wonder about something ! ! !
Am I an oddity? You know . . . someone who is just a tad strange or weird? (Now, now! ! ! Be nice!)
Why, you ask?
Well, I have a few links on my page and I must admit to doing a bit of blog-lurking, here and there, but in all my fun visiting all your blogs, I can't seem to find anyone my age ! ! !
Don't any of you have Moms, Aunts or even Grandmas, that enjoy this as much as I do?
There just must be some folks my age out there that are connected to some of my younger friends, who also are enjoying this wonderful way of staying informed and connected to family & friends, don't you think ? ? ?
I mean, this is just such a great way to stay in touch without having to go to the other side of the world or even just to Abbotsford, and still know what's happening in each others lives!
Looking at pictures of weddings, babies or just ordinary, everyday happenings is great fun, especially considering the fact that I have known some of you since you were babies yourselves ! ! !
Yup! That's right! :-)
But I'll behave and post some pictures where you are a bit older already ! ! !
But I'll behave and post some pictures where you are a bit older already ! ! !
What a great looking bunch of young people!
I find it very captivating when I read about what is happening in all of your lives and hope that you don't feel like I'm spying. It's just nice to get to know you as adults and not just as the youth I remember and that used to be in our home. Often, I might add! Not to worry, you were a nice bunch, for the most part!
And aren't your husbands handsome fellows ? ? ?
Although . . . . I do remember a certain costume party that was planned and executed without us ever knowing about it until we got to Camp Squeah and some Mom's let the cat out of the bag thinking that we knew all about it ! ! ! Hehehe ! ! !
And aren't your husbands handsome fellows ? ? ?Oh well, when I see the pictures of all your precious little ones and read about all your hopes and dreams for your futures, I know that those were great days of fun and time well spent!
Hence the reason for loving to lurk around your sites!
So, back to my question... am I really the only one of the parents that is having all this fun ? ? ?


9 comments:
maybe the people your age don't have computer savvy like you do. I think they lurk but think that they could never do it themselves. Nonsense of course or the old I have no time excuse!! But this way you may know more about their kids everyday life then they do!! Ha funny little world we have here.
Hi it's Katrina. I found your blog through Kelly's links. I know that Sarah Goerzen's mom has a blog, and I've run across other grandmother's blogs (but I don't know who they are). So you're definitely not the only one!
I think that it is great that you are blogging....I wish that my mum would get on it but the problem is she does not have a clue about computers.
I am glad to read that you are having fun....and lurking!
Dont worry you are not the only grandma blogging out there.Not that I am one...yet...lol. I bet you could find a grandma blogging group somewhere online.
I like it that we can blog with each other.Its a great way to keep up on things.
I was delighted to find your blog - through stalking of course - because you are similar in age to me. I think our age group has several challenges, including lack of computer skill & confidence as well as fear of overdisclosing information that we may later regret. Thank you for sharing of yourself in such an open and honest manner. You sound like a wonderful friend to have, and "stalking" provides an illusion of that. I actually have been thinking of starting a blog as well...but don't have grandchildren yet! EP
Okay those pictures made me laugh out loud. Gaffaw actually. Tim came home and asked me if I saw your site...so I came and looked. That's hilarious. Chris looks so different. I'll have to tell shereen to come over here and take a peek. Perfect.
I think it's great you have a site.
from the top picture to the second....is Chris's hair Bigger????
I think that it is just the angle of the picture! The photographer is lower than the group in both pictures!
those pictures are HILARIOUS! i can't wait to show them to alf when he gets home tonight :)
My mom has a blog, but she says she's so busy, she has no time to update it. The last time she blogged was when Taeya was born! I'm still working on getting her to blog regularly, even though it may not happen until she retires someday!
But keep blogging - i do know other grandmothers who blog ("Considering Lilies" link on my blog).
Post a Comment