I have been extremely busy with various things but I could have blogged, I'm sure!
So..... I'll try to bring you up to date, once again!
During this last month our littlest gosling, Marissa, ended up in Children's Hospital for a few days. She had been running a temperature for several days and they did not know what was going on with her. After trying a few things, with no results, the doctors felt it would be better to admit her and run some more tests. She is OK, thank God! It ended up being a urinary track infection.
I also worked in the church office, for a week in June, while our secretary had a week of holidays.
That was interesting! Like I never left and it's been more than 2 years since I left the office!
I think there is something wrong here! I was glad when the week was done since Marissa was in the hospital part of that same week!
And where do you think Wally was while all this was going on?
Yup, you guessed it! He was fishing, no less! In the Queen Charlotte Islands! Having way toooooo much fun!
The 3 fishing pictures were taken by one of Wally's friends!
Then, 2 weeks ago Saturday, the ladies from our church baked cookies.
Not just a few and not just a few dozens, but 3200 cookies. (And yes, we did count them, including the ones that were tasted.) We had been asked to provide an afternoon snack for the MC Canada Assembly which is taking place at MEI, in Abbotsford, this week. Do you have any idea how many cookies 3000+ cookies are? It's a mountain of cookies and we have proof of that!
A whole bunch was already packed and in the freezers.
Some were still being mixed of baked!
Some were still being mixed of baked!
In between all of this we still have to go and visit parents in Abbotsford to make sure that they are behaving and on the other hand I have done a fair bit of babysitting, too! Making sure that the young ones are also behaving! :-)
In the bushes at Menno Home in Abbotsford!And this last Saturday, we helped our children, Eric & Nicole, move to a different place and you know that is always a lot of work. So, you see, I can't say that I've just been sitting around doing nothing.
I have also had some fun getting to know our "NEW Family Website" that my sister and her husband launched on Sunday, Canada Day and visiting with old friends that are visiting for the summer, from Paraguay!
All in all, life is good and very busy and I'm loving all of it! Only wish that my day had a few more hours and that the week had a few extra days! I'm sure I could fill them up, not even having to try very hard!
Will try to be a good girl and post more often. Wouldn't want my readers to disappear on me!
Take care everyone!
PS. Got these beautiful roses as a thank you from MCBC after our big Covenant Celebration!





3 comments:
Busy is good ! Hope all is well with the little one. Gained a pound just looking at those cookies..lol
take care.
i like the fishing pics, nice flowers too.....I thought you liked babysitting!! :)
I do like babysitting! :-)
And you know it, Cynthia!
Sometimes I think I don't do it enough, but it seems that I still have lots going on in my life besides babysitting! Hope you don't mind!
Post a Comment