Friday, October 31, 2008

Mother Daughter Weekend

I've checked of one more thing on my list of things to do.
My very first
Mother/Daughter weekend with my won Mom!
Goes to show you that it is NEVER too late to try something NEW!
No matter what age you are!
We had so much fun going to the Women retreat and for my Mom, that was a first time as well.
See! I told you; it is NEVER too late to try something NEW!

Going to Camp Squeah at this time of year is an artist's dream. The colours are truly amazing.
I remember, as a child, when my grand-parents or other family members would send us


postcards from Canada with fall scenery, we thought that someone just had a bit too much fun with the paint pallet, :-) of course, since then, we have learned that nature really does get this spectacular.

For my grand-children's sake! :-)
So that in the future I will not just remembered as the person taking the picture! hehehe
My Mom insisted on taking this one!
Thanks Mom!

Room-mates for the weekend!
Sure was fun!

Wonderful friends!
Present and Ex-Sherbrookers!
You just never know what this group will come up with next!
Just one sample of what happens when you leave your camera lying around, unsupervised!
I guess it could have been worse!
Actually I kind of like this picture!

We took our time going home and stopped at Lake of the Woods
to take a few more pictures of each other.
The weekend flew by way too quickly.
We made some wonderful NEW memories and decided that not only will we go again,
but we will also bring along a few more female family members
and have already told them so.
I feel very blessed for having had this weekend with my Mom
and hope that we will be able to do this again,
for a LONG time to come!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

It looks like you ladies had a wonderful time!! The colors are breath taking!!!! You are very fortunate to have had this opportunity with your mom and hopefully many more in the near future!

Dee said...

Wow! it is a wonderful time of year to be outside. I haven't been to a retreat in years! Lucky you.

Welcome to my Neighbourhood!

Thanks for stopping in my neighbourhood while on your journey!
When you're do
ne, be so kind and sign the guest-book or, if you enjoyed a particular post, please leave a comment!
Until next time! God Bless!