Everyday people are given the freedom of choice and depending on the circumstances that they find themselves in, I'm sure, some very hard and not always the best, choices are made!
I am just immensely grateful that in my own life, the Lord protected me from ever having had to face such a choice.
Right about now, you must be wondering why I am on my soap box, agreed?
Last night we had our "SMC Women's Ministry" Christmas Party and our guest speaker came from the "Vancouver Pregnancy Care Center".
It is a Christian, non-profit organization that helps women that find themselves in a crisis situation. They counsel women who are, either, pregnant or need post abortion counseling!
Our speaker told us about families, couples, and single girls and their traumatic, life changing experiences. Obviously, not everyone accepts the help that they offer at these centers but the hope is that seeds will have been planted and that someday, no matter what choice was made, abortion, adoption or keeping the baby, that the people involved will forgive themselves and also, above all else, find forgiveness in Christ Jesus.
The ladies from our church were aware of who our guest speaker was and for that reason we had invited everyone, who was going to attend our evening, to bring a baby item for our guest speaker to take back with her. We filled up her car! See above picture!
A friend, who works at "10 Thousand Villages", was also invited to be there with the products that they sell at their local stores, so there was quite a bit of Christmas shopping going on!
Therefore, it was an evening that had something for every woman present; food, fun, fellowship and even shopping!
What more could you possibly want?
People send me stuff all the time and this one I kept because I just liked it, but it came in very handy last night to close the evening with!
Baby in Heaven!
A baby asked the Creator, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there, being so small and helpless?"
The Creator said, "Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."
The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in Heaven, I don't have to do anything but sing and smile, to be happy."
The Creator said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."
Again the child asked, " And how am i going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"
The Creator said,"Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."
"And what an I going to do when I want to talk to You?"
The Creator said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will each you how to pray."
"Who will protect me?"
The Creator said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its own life."
"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."
The Creator said, "Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."
At that moment there was much peace in the Spirit World, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked , "Creator, if I am to leave now; please tell me my angel's name."
"You will simply call her , "Mom."
A baby asked the Creator, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there, being so small and helpless?"
The Creator said, "Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."
The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in Heaven, I don't have to do anything but sing and smile, to be happy."
The Creator said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."
Again the child asked, " And how am i going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"
The Creator said,"Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."
"And what an I going to do when I want to talk to You?"
The Creator said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will each you how to pray."
"Who will protect me?"
The Creator said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its own life."
"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."
The Creator said, "Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."
At that moment there was much peace in the Spirit World, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked , "Creator, if I am to leave now; please tell me my angel's name."
"You will simply call her , "Mom."
4 comments:
Sounds like a very busy evening.
As to the subject of abortion,I will have to say that I am not for it but not against it.I believe that if it is necessary for medical reasons then you should have that option.But I dont agree with going and getting knocked up then to toss away the child like trash just cause it didnt fit your lifestyle.And then to let it happen again a year later.And one more time after that.People like that need to be Spaded like the dogs at the pound.(I know a girl that did this)
As I said in my post, I'm just thankful for never having had to face such a descision! Honestly, I don't know what I would have done!
Just want to let you know I found you and thanks for posting pictures from our evening...I forgot my camera again!
this poem almost made me cry....Great way to start the day!
Post a Comment