Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day! Would you like a Sandwich?

A belated Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!
"Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her."
Proverbs 31:28
Found in the Daily Bread for Mother's Day 2008

Soooo, yesterday was Mother's Day! and you're wondering why is she offering a Sandwich?

Well....... that seems to be my position in life, right now. Sandwiched in between family responsibilities.
Parents and children, young and old!

On Saturday, Wally & I picked up some fresh treats from Tim Horton's, headed over to the Menno Home, where we met with Wally's sister and husband, to share the goodies with Mom G. over a cup of coffee and enjoy some time together.
On Sunday, Mother's Day, we were able to enjoy lunch at my Mom's house, with both my parents. I think that this may not happen many more times. My Dad is really not doing well, but my Mom still insisted on cooking Borscht and baked buns. I think that she just wanted all the kids to stop by. Even though no one has really said anything, I think that we all know that my Dad may not be with us much longer.

Did you get a present or a special treat for Mother's Day?

My present was that I was able to spend time with both my Moms this weekend and for this I'm ever so grateful.

My special treat was that we were invited for dinner to our daughter's place and I did not have to cook. She made a delicious meal and we had a good time visiting with them, the grandkids and her in-laws.
Cynthia also posted a picture of the dinning table!

The little ones had their own dinning table!

Thank you, Cynthia! It was Mother's Day and YOU worked all day!

So .... back to the Sandwich!

I have been asked to be part of a Task Force for Canadian Mennonite Women in Mission for a period of 18 months. The purpose of this Task Force is to figure out how to better connect the women of the Canadian Conference, as well as, in our local BC Conference churches.

The Journey Singers at the BC Women's "Inspirational Day"
on May 4th at Eben-Ezer Mennonite Church in Abbotsford.

I had a very difficult time deciding whether or not I should accept this challenge.
Will I do this position justice with everything that will come our way in the foreseeable future?

About 2 weeks ago, we really thought that were losing Wally's Mom, but then last week she rebounded, yet again, and is now wanting to go out for lunch or dinner sometime this week. :-)
Don't get me wrong, this is great but we have said our final goodbyes, so many times over the years, that it has become a bit of a family joke already and we are starting to think that she just might outlive us all!
And, as I mentioned earlier, my Dad is not doing well either and I want to be there for my Mom.
I can see how hard things are getting for her even though she is trying to stay strong.

The death of people whom we love
Brings sorrow and deep pain;
But if our loved ones know the Lord,
Our loss becomes their gain. ---Sper
Found in the Daily Bread - April 24, 2008

On the other hand, I also want to be available to my own children and grandchildren, not to mention my husband.

Will I be able to do all of this and still be able to be part of a Task Force?
I'm praying that with God's help, I will be able to manage everything that has been placed on my plate.
I'm thinking that, something other than family responsibilities, might just be what I need at this time and when the difficult times are upon us, and they are coming, I will have something to distract me.

To lighten this post a little bit, I'm also posting some pictures that I took over the weekend.

God's world is amazingly beautiful!

This is the common grounds that separates our townhouses and all the flowers on this post you will find in our yard.




"Growing old is a blessing when you're growing closer to God!"
Found in the Daily Bread - May 6, 2008

2 comments:

PurpleDragonFly said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. As for taking the job, Do what you think you can handle just dont let it become a burden.
The flowers are beautiful.

Lucy said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Mother's Day!!! Way to go Cynthia!!! Congrats on your big decision making!!! Hopefully you'll have a good time along the way! The flowers are rather gorgeous!

Welcome to my Neighbourhood!

Thanks for stopping in my neighbourhood while on your journey!
When you're do
ne, be so kind and sign the guest-book or, if you enjoyed a particular post, please leave a comment!
Until next time! God Bless!