So ... today, Wally and I went and did some volunteer work!Got this call about some little people having cabin fever and needing some distractions.
We were actually told by Mommy that we would be paid "lots" of money should we decide to accept the challenge!
Because of all the white stuff on the ground, Wally has been home early the last few days and not having anything much to do with the rest of the afternoon, we headed out to see some restless, stuck in the house, grandkids and to relieve a tired Mommy!
We barely got in the door when Gavin already asked if I wanted to come and play in his room.
He did allowed me to visit with Anna, for a little while, but then he insisted that he had something to show me in his room and that I had to come and look!
Once he had showed me his "very nice, new bed" I had to stay and play in his room.
Just the two of us!
He is such a funny little guy! Tells his Mommy "you can go now" and we played cars, library lady, animals, hair dresser, etc., etc. So while Wally, Cynthia and Anna visited in the living room, Gavin and I were now in his room, playing! I was barely allowed to go out for a coffee or anything else, for that matter! With some coaxing, we did go and have some fun with a few computer games, which allowed me to be in the living room for a while.
After Steve came home from work, (someone has to do it) we ended up staying for pizza after which Wally & Steve went to the Canucks hockey game and I ended up back in the room, again!
Isn't it funny how little people love to have your whole attention?
Until the very time I decided to go home, having been allowed to watch some TV, have my dinner and convincing him to have a bath and play in the living room for a little bit, he was still asking me if I would come and play in his room some more.
Every time we visit at their house, this is probably the first question he asks and makes an extremely sad face if I hesitate to long!
I'm sure that in the future, his room will probably be the last place where he will want his grandmother to be, so while I'm being asked, when at his house, I guess that's where I'll be!
2 comments:
LOL...soon it will be "hi oma! bye oma! going out with friends but it was nice to see you!" and "Anna stay out of my room you brat!".Then you hear the door close.And that was your visit.
thank you
Post a Comment